akanoodles

Work

Case studies spanning experience design, creative direction and design leadership across global brands. Every number here is sourced, and the frames are stand-ins until each case study carries its own.

Featured

Selected work

Every other engagement

The archive

Disney Interactive: built the London production line for its European markets

Disney Interactive needed one production line for its European markets. I built the London team and the design framework it shipped from.

Media and publishingRead case study

Samsung / FOMO: designed a VR viewer and a 360 editor at once

Samsung and FOMO needed a VR viewer and a 360 video editor before anyone had settled how VR interfaces should work. I led UX and visual design on both, on one design system.

TechnologyRead case study

Comcast: built the valuation for a GenAI data business case

Comcast wanted to know whether GenAI could make its data worth selling. I built the valuation method, and mapped its data to the buyers who would pay for it.

TelecomsRead case study

Novo Nordisk: wrote the GenAI prioritisation across its affiliates

Novo Nordisk needed a way to choose between AI use cases across its affiliates. I wrote the GenAI prioritisation, a model weighing each use case's value against each affiliate's readiness.

Healthcare and pharmaRead case study

EY: turned a GenAI point of view into offers partners could sell

EY needed its GenAI capability shaped into something partners could sell. I led the working group that packaged it into a Centre of Enablement, with fixed offers from a first conversation to a full build.

Professional servicesRead case study

EY: packaged CX expertise into offers any partner could sell

EY UK&I needed customer experience offers any partner could sell. I packaged its expertise into a set of defined offerings, each with its scope and client obligations.

Professional servicesRead case study

BBC: wrote the use-case prioritisation for a GenAI discovery

The BBC wanted to find where GenAI could help its work. I wrote the use-case prioritisation: a framework and a scoring gate that weighed each idea's value against its editorial risk.

Media and publishingRead case study

CNN International: rebuilt the design function while launching three verticals

CNN International wanted three new verticals in three years. I rebuilt its design function and launched CNN Arabic, CNN Español and CNN Style, one a year.

Media and publishingRead case study

Lloyd’s of London: co-led the design of a model office for Blueprint Two

Lloyd's of London needed to show a paper-based market what digital placement would look like. I co-led the design of a model office, and delivered its space design and installation specs.

Financial servicesRead case study

NatWest: optimised retail banking journeys inside a regulated release process

NatWest wanted its retail banking journeys improved inside a regulated release process. Embedded with its product teams, I delivered tested fixes and specifications that went into their roadmaps.

Financial servicesRead case study

Bupa: designed the Copilot pilot behind a board renewal decision

Bupa needed evidence from its Copilot pilot before a board renewal decision. I designed the pilot, from how seats were allocated to the value model that measured it.

Healthcare and pharmaRead case study

BT Enterprise: wrote the operating manual for its CX team

BT Enterprise needed its customer experience team brought into the work earlier. I wrote the operating manual that sets out who owns each stage and where sign-off happens, and handed it to the team to run.

TelecomsRead case study

The Times: designed the UK’s first major newspaper paywall

The Times was about to charge for its journalism online. I designed the UK's first major newspaper paywall and the reading experience behind it.

Media and publishingRead case study

The Daily Telegraph: designed three London 2012 Olympic guides

The Daily Telegraph wanted to be the paper readers reached for during London 2012. As art director I designed its three Olympic guides and the visual system behind them.

Media and publishingRead case study

British Gas: redesigned self-service around cutting call-centre demand

British Gas wanted fewer customers ringing in with questions its website should answer. I led the redesign of its self-service help, and delivered the design, a rollout plan and the measures to track it.

Energy and utilitiesRead case study

AKQA: set the UX architecture for Bacardi and Rolls-Royce

Bacardi and Rolls-Royce each needed a new site structure, one to convert within alcohol marketing law and one to protect a hand-built car's exclusivity. I led the information architecture on both, and delivered new structures tested with each brand's customers.

Professional servicesRead case study

ASOS: mapped the internal fixes its growth depended on

ASOS was growing fast on disconnected internal systems. As UX director I led the discovery, and gave leadership a roadmap for joining them up and four product concepts to start from.

Retail and ecommerceRead case study

Cigna Investment Management: turned five-plus websites into one plan

Cigna Investment Management had five or more websites and nobody owning the content. I delivered one information architecture, a governance model and a phased roadmap to a single domain.

Financial servicesRead case study

Waters: shaped the structure of an AI Centre of Excellence blueprint

Waters wanted an AI Centre of Excellence to bring its scattered AI work together. On the EY team I shaped the blueprint's structure and value model, and Waters got a plan to stand it up.

Healthcare and pharmaRead case study

JioBlackRock: reorganised the design function into product pods

JioBlackRock's design function had no ownership model and six-week releases. I reorganised it into product pods with a shared component library, and releases went from six weeks to two.

Financial servicesRead case study

BSI: built its first end-to-end service blueprint

BSI's certification service broke at every handover between departments. I delivered its first end-to-end service blueprint, which departments used to plan across those handovers.

Professional servicesRead case study

Kaplan: found the admissions problem behind a website brief

Kaplan briefed a website redesign. I found the real problem sat in admissions, and delivered blueprints for the steps to automate, which led to the next phase.

EducationRead case study

National Gallery: redesigned how people find the collection online

The National Gallery's collection sat online as thumbnail grids and catalogue text. I redesigned how people find and explore it, and delivered the designs and a roadmap to build them.

Public sector and cultureRead case study

Superunion: built a digital practice from scratch in seven months

Superunion's clients wanted brand and digital from one agency. I built its digital practice in seven months, with a team, standards and client work.

Professional servicesRead case study

Tourism Ireland: redesigned the site to turn dreamers into bookers

Tourism Ireland's website drew heavy traffic but converted poorly. I redesigned its key pages and booking flow, and delivered a phased roadmap and the tests to run next.

Travel and tourismRead case study

[24]7.ai: designed virtual assistants for six EMEA brands at once

[24]7.ai's clients, including eBay, Aviva and H&M, each wanted a virtual assistant that sounded like their brand. I designed the conversations and tone for six assistants, which shipped across web, mobile and messaging.

TechnologyRead case study

Opus Energy: rebuilt the site around what customers came to do

Opus Energy's website was sending business customers to the phone. I rebuilt its structure around the tasks customers came to do, and tree tests showed more of them completing those tasks.

Energy and utilitiesRead case study

Scala: wrote the EMEA go-to-market for its move to software

Scala needed to move from bespoke signage installs to a software platform across EMEA. I wrote the go-to-market strategy and a phased plan for who decides what.

TechnologyRead case study

Aston Barclay: found the quick fixes behind missed bids

Aston Barclay's live car auctions were losing dealer bids to friction on desktop and mobile. I delivered a prioritised set of quick fixes, which their team shipped within weeks, and a longer-term roadmap.

AutomotiveRead case study

Novaya: found the bottleneck a city planning platform had to clear

Novaya was building a city planning platform for Johannesburg, with four user groups whose needs pulled apart. I delivered archetypes for each group and identified the zoning bottleneck the platform had to clear.

Public sector and cultureRead case study

Deltabase: built a fintech brand ready to raise money

Deltabase needed to look like an institution in order to raise money. I delivered its brand, website, investor materials and a component library, ready for launch.

Financial servicesRead case study